Pages

Thursday 12 September 2013

My Favourite TV Programme

Storage Hunters

Storage Hunters is a reality TV programme that focuses on a certain group of people, despite there being others there. It has been televised for over 2 years now creating 3 seasons with a growing 35 episodes. It started off on TruTV then later moved to the TV channel 'Dave' after a successful season. This programme would usually be watched by middle class, middle aged men. But after accidentally watching a episode I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It is a niche programme but due to easy accessibility on Sky+ I am able to record a programme and watch it when I am free, for example, I will record a programme that is on at 10pm, and watch it the next day when I am back from college. Due to the times it is shown it is not always accessible as it usually showed late evening times, the times I am usually getting ready for bed, and the channel 'Dave' hardly plays the programme due to shows such as 'Top Gear' and  'Mind the buzzocks', more mainstream programmes.

I watch this programme for the obvious entertainment reasons, filling times, relaxing and escaping problems. But mainly for satisfying curiosity and general interest. Despite the massive grow of audience over the past year, not much people of my age also watch it so it isn't watched for social interactivity, as nobody would understand what I'd be going on about.

I personally like it when something of a high value is discovered in the lockers, for example, in a previous episode, a locker was brought for $100. Around 10 minutes later into the programme they checked what they had in the locker, they had brought the James bond Lotus Elise submarine car that featured in the 1989 Bond film 'The Spy Who Loved Me'. This car was then later sold for an astonishing $865,000, making a $864,900 profit.

Storage Hunters also provides me with facts and information about stuff I've never focused on, the lockers can contain anything so 95 percent of the time something they have brought I know nothing about, which makes me want to know more. One example of this can be a previous programme I watched when Brandon and Lori (Storage hunters main cast) won a auction on a locker that contained historic coins, dating around the early 1800's, late 1700's. Being a 17 year old boy I knew nothing about how much they were worth, or anything about them at all but after it finished I not only satisfied my curiosity, I gained intellectual facts about the most random things.


1 comment:

  1. You have not met the brief on this one, please review this after introduction to lesson which should help/remind you.

    ReplyDelete